Thai Salsa Over Salmon
This recipe is definitely a power-packed punch of flavor! I absolutely love this salsa recipe, and having this wild-caught salmon fillet underneath it is the perfect combination.
Some of you may be asking “How in the world is wild-caught salmon cheap?!?” Well, this is definitely a frugal meal, and here’s how! Aldi’s sells wild-caught salmon in the freezer section, in a 4 pack package for $3.97!!!! Yes, that’s just $1 per fillet!
I was super excited when I saw this deal, and now eating salmon is on my regular menu plan because it’s affordable!
So getting back to the recipe, here you go! Enjoy!
Thai Salsa over Salmon
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper chopped
- ¼ cup red onion chopped (optional)
- 1 jalapeno chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. salt
- up to 4 salmon fillets
- First lets make the salsa. Add all the ingredients to a bowl (except the salmon) and refrigerate.
- To cook the salmon, heat a skillet on medium heat. While it's heating up, season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp. butter to the skillet. Then, add salmon fillets, 2 at a time.
- Cook the salmon fillets for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Plate them up, and add some Thai salsa on top! Delicious!
If you like that recipe, you might also like:Skillet Corn Side Dish - click link here Smashed Potatoes - click link here Protein Packed Muffins - click link here
Please Note: The links in this post are affiliate links, and I will receive a small compensation when you use my links to make a purchase. I would appreciate your support, as this website helps support my family.
Leave a Reply