Homemade taquitos is the easiest meal to put together, and quite possibly one of the cheapest! We love homemade taquitos in this house, and eat them often.
It only takes 2 ingredients to make them, just corn tortillas and refried beans. We like to use Trader Joe’s corn tortillas, but any brand will work. We also like to buy the refried beans from a can, because they are delicious and thick! Look for fat-free refried beans, so don’t contain any lard or added oils.
Using an electric griddle to heat the tortillas is my favorite method, but you could also use a skillet on the stove.
How To Make Homemade Taquitos
- Heat corn tortillas, either in a skillet or on an electric griddle, so they won’t break apart when rolling, about 15 seconds per side.
- Spread a thin layer of refried beans on the tortilla.
- Starting on one side, roll the tortilla up and lay on a baking sheet. Move quickly so the tortillas do not break.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 15-25 minutes.
- Tortillas should be crispy/crunchy before taking out of the oven.
- Serve with ketchup, guacamole, or salsa.
Other Cheap Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Rice and Beans Budget Meals
- Texas Hash – Cheap Dinner
- Cheap Healthy Foods To Integrate Into Your Meal Plan
- Poor Man’s Stew
- 1 package corn tortillas or small flour tortillas
- 1 can refried beans
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat a griddle and place tortillas on the griddle to soften them for rolling.
- Spread a thin layer of refried beans on the tortilla and roll them up.
- Bake them for 15-25 minutes. Ovens very... but you want the tortillas to be crunchy.
- Serve with ketchup, or salsa and guacamole.
Pin For Later!
Please Note: The links in this post are affiliate links, and I will receive a small compensation when you use my links to make a purchase. I would appreciate your support, as this website helps support my family.
These were a huge hit! My son has named these vegan hot pockets. and while I’m not so sure about the title, these were gobbled up so I’m going with it:) thanks Aimee
Eating Healthy Spending Less says
I’m so glad to hear!!!! Success! 🙂