This healthier sourdough monkey bread recipe is on the healthier side because it’s made from fermented sourdough starter and uses applesauce in place of butter.
To make this recipe you need to first make the easiest sourdough bread recipe. Get the recipe here.
Healthier Sourdough Monkey Bread – No Butter
- 1 recipe easiest sourdough bread recipe
- 1 cup brown sugar I use sucanat, coconut sugar works too.
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ Tbsp. cinnamon
- The night before, make the easiest sourdough bread recipe. Wrap it in plastic wrap and let it set on the counter over night.
- Portion out dough into 40g and roll each piece of dough into a ball.
- Drop eat ball into the cinnamon sugar sauce, then place in a greased bundt pan. Arrange the dough balls throughout the pan.
- If any sauce remains in your bowl, pour the sauce over the dough balls.
- Cover with a towel, or more plastic wrap and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35-45 minutes, or until dough balls are golden brown.
- Let it rest on the counter for 10 minutes before turning out onto a plate.
- Serve monkey bread by itselt, or double the sauce recipe. Take the second portion of sauce and heat on the stove until the sugar is dissolved. Use as a dipping sauce and enjoy!