Being dairy-free in the summer is hard!!! I want all the ice cream ever, but I have found a seriously love for this 3-ingredient strawberry sorbet, and I eat it often! It’s actually very healthy for you and easy peasy to make.
I highly recommend using WHITE HONEY, not regular honey to make this sorbet. The white honey is very mild in flavor and gives the sorbet a sweet flavor and creamy texture and tastes like the fruit, not the honey. White or creamy honey can be purchased at Walmart, Trader Joe’s, or at the link below.
Healthy Traditions: Organic Canadian Raw White Honey, 15/lb pail – click link here
Frozen strawberries can be used as well, but I personally like purchasing my strawberries from the local strawberry stand. The flavor is so much better because the strawberries are VERY ripe!
3-Ingredient Strawberry Sorbet
- 6 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 cup white honey
- 1 lemon first zest the whole lemon, then juice it
- Take fresh strawberries, wash and take the tops off. Slice in half, and freeze strawberries on a parchment lined cookie sheet for 4 hours or overnight. Or purchase frozen strawberries are proceed.
- Place frozen strawberries, honey, lemon zest and lemon juice in a food processor. Process on low speed until strawberries break down and appear to be smooth. Scrape sides occasionally.
- I like the sorbet to be airy and super creamy, so I transfer the mixture to my blender and blend until velvety smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour sorbet into a baking dish or loaf pan, and freeze for 3-4 hours. Then, scoop into bowls and serve!
Leave a Reply