Super Bird Sandwiches Using Gluten-Free Three Bakers Bread
I grew up eating the ever so famous Super Bird sandwich! My mom used to work at a restaurant, and these sandwiches were their main staple. It’s a delicious grilled sandwich, super easy to prepare, but the secret is what you put on the grilled bread!
Now typically this sandwich is made with sourdough bread, but being gluten-free I can’t eat this sandwich in its traditional form, so I sought out the perfect gluten-free bread to make this sandwich, and I found it!
Scanning the aisles of Sprouts, I found Three Baker’s Gluten-Free Bread in the freezer section. Unlike other gluten-free breads, this bread has great texture and flavor. This bread does not need to be toasted in order to taste great. We have had this bread many times cold, and enjoyed it very much. However, it’s also very delicious toasted and grilled. I have picked this bread as the perfect bread for this super amazing sandwich.
What makes this sandwich so special is the secret spread! Many people claim to make a great super bird sandwich, but without this spread, you aren’t enjoying it to its full potential. I guess telling you the recipe doesn’t make this a secret spread anymore, but that’s okay, because the more people that know about this deliciousness the better!
Check out the recipe below to learn how to make the “secret spread” and grab yourself a loaf of Three Baker’s Gluten-Free Bread to make the king of all sandwiches! The Super Bird will become your favorite lunch.
The Super Bird Sandwich
Sandwich Ingredients per Sandwich
- 2 slices gluten-free bread
- 3 slices turkey lunch meat
- 2 slices bacon cooked
- 2-3 tomato slices
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
Secret Spread for 4 Sandwiches
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened, not melted
- 3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- First, make the butter spread and set aside.
- Make the sandwich in this order: cheese, tomatoes, bacon, and turkey. (I also like to add a little yellow mustard on both sides of the bread.)
- Spread that delicious cheesy-butter spread on the outer layers of the bread and grill on both sides. Enjoy!