Smashed potatoes are super fancy and so very easy to make. They take an ordinary potato and give it pizzazz!!!
Just because you are trying to eat on a budget, doesn’t mean you have to eat boring food. This recipe is super easy to create and I’m sure you’re family will love it.
- how ever many potatoes you want any variety (I used red skin)
- olive oil or whatever kind you like
- garlic powder
- dried parsley
- Parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Massage your potatoes in olive oil, and place them on a lined cookie sheet. Do Give your potatoes lots of room, you do not want to cram your potatoes too close to each other.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Pull them out of the oven, and let them rest for 5-10 minutes.
- This is the tricky part, smashing the potato. If you just take a mallet and smash the potato, you will get a huge mess! You want to gently cut a slit from top to bottom (do not pierce through to the bottom). Then turn the potato and make 3 small slits . That's 1 cut down and 3 cuts across.
- Now, take your fork and starting from the inside out, smoosh the potato until you get a smashed potato looking like a UFO.
- Add a tsp. of butter to the middle of each potato and sprinkle with desired seasonings.
- Place potatoes back in the oven on BROIL and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve!