We all need a few quick fix recipes we can throw together for a weeknight meal. Whether it’s the main course or a side dish, these beans are really tasty!
For my family of 6, 3 cans of beans works best. We eat them typically with corn on the cob, roasted broccoli, some sourdough bread or biscuits, and fresh fruit.
Organic Is Best
I highly recommend using ORGANIC canned beans in this recipe because they have no added preservatives. The ingredients list is simple: beans, water, and salt. You do not drain the liquid from the beans in this recipe, you will use all the liquid.
Other types are beans are delicious to use like canned pinto beans and cowboy beans. If you want to add some fresh ingredients to these beans, add diced onions and bell peppers.
Looking for more cheap recipes? Check out this post HERE! You will surely find many cheap rice and beans recipes to fill your menu plan for the week.
Benefits of Eating Beans
So many people think beans are bad, but that could not be farther from the truth. Here are a few of their benefits:
- Rich source of FIBER
- High in B vitamins
- They contain folate: aids in healthy blood cells
- Contains antioxidants
- Packed with protein
- Reduces risk of getting cancer
Strive to eat 1 cup of beans per day to maximize these health benefits. If you are familiar with the BLUE ZONES (people groups with long life expectancy), then you know they eat beans everyday!
Beans are essential for good overall health. So fill your life with a variety of beans. Hope you enjoy this simple recipe!
Ranch Style Canned Black Beans
- 3 cans organic black beans
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup other sweeteners will work
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce (I use vegan) Annies or Wan Ja Shan brand
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. liquid smoke (optional) totally delicious!
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dump all 3 cans of beans in a saucepan with the liquid. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat on the stove over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Then, serve!