It’s always a good thing to have a good ol’ plain oatmeal bread recipe in your recipe binder. Sometimes I just don’t want to make at pumpkin or banana quick bread recipe, I just want plain bread! Goodness… and that’s exactly what this delicious bread is… so GOOD!!!!
You’d think by now I could come up with a better adjective, but nope. It’s a simple bread, and it deserves a simple adjective to go right along with it. Enough said.
You will not be disappointed with this recipe. It’s chewy, tasty, so very crumbly, and holds together so well in the toaster. Top with butter, mashed avocado, jelly, cream cheese, or whatever you’d like! Enjoy!
This bread recipe can be changed to make different flavors. Just take the sour cream out of the recipe and replace with mashed bananas, pumpkin, zucchini… the options are endless!
Replace yogurt with 2-3 mashed bananas and 1/4 cup coconut sugar. 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips are good too!
Replace yogurt with 1 cup canned pure pumpkin and 1/4 cup coconut sugar, 2 tsp. cinnamon, and 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice. 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips are good too!
Replace yogurt with 1-2 cups shredded zucchini (ring out zucchini in a towel to get out excess water) and add 1/2 cup coconut sugar, and 2 tsp. cinnamon. 1/4 cup chopped nuts is good too!
Quick and Easy Plain Oatmeal Bread
- 3 cups oats blended into a flour
- 3/4 cup milk any kind
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or applesauce
- 3 eggs (flax seed replacement works too)
- 3 Tbsp. liquid sweetener honey, pure maple syrup, agave nectar
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
- Grind oats into a flour, then mix all ingredients together.
- Pour batter into your loaf pan, then let the mixture sit untouched for 5 minutes.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden around the sides and top.