A really good habit I started last year was making this smoothie every single morning. It provides a burst of nutrients to help jump start my day. I love that I’m getting superfoods in my diet right off the bat, and it tastes like peanut butter and bananas. I do not taste the veggies, but my husband says that if I don’t add enough bananas, he can taste the beets.
To make the beet cubes, it’s really easy! I just take 2 bunches of beets, 6 beets total. I peel them with a potato peeler, then cut them in half. I boil them in a lot of water. Once the beets are done cooking and are fork tender, I let them cool completely in the water. Then I blend the beets and the water that they cooked in, in the blender. Lastly, freeze in ice cube trays.
There are many benefits to eating beets everyday:
- contains folic acid
- cleanses the colon
- cleanses the blood
- immunity booster
- heals acne
- wonderful source of iron, sodium, magnesium, calcium, iron, and phosporus
- contains vitamins A and C, and niacin
- protects against heart disease
- strengthens the gall bladder and liver
I get my peanut butter powder at Costco. I love it because it gives you protein and amazing flavor, without giving you all the fat from the oil. Yum!
Power Packed Daily Smoothie
- ⅓ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ frozen banana I cut into cubes and freeze
- 2 cubes frozen beets
- ½ cup frozen spinach or kale
- 1 Tbsp. powdered peanut butter
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1-2 cups milk any kind, dairy or non-dairy (even coconut water works great!)
- Blend all together and enjoy! Sometimes I add more milk to make it more liquidy.