If your garden is heaping with zucchini right now, you have got to make this oatmeal zucchini bread recipe. Oats are my favorite grain to bake with. They sometimes get a bad rap because they are dense, but the health benefits and moistness they provide far surpasses being dense.
This recipe is plant-based, vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, etc. Now of course, if you want to use eggs or dairy milk, you most certainly can. Instead of adding flaxseed meal, just add 2-3 eggs to the recipe. Flaxseed meal is packed full on nutrients and healthy fats, so I highly suggest adding flaxseed meal in.
Oats are naturally gluten free. However, most often oats are grown near wheat patches, so if you have celiacs, use gluten-free certified oats.
My Favorite Loaf Pans
This recipe makes 2 standard loaves of bread, however, I LOVE using my extra-long loaf pans to make 1 really big loaf! They make the most beautiful loaves of bread. Here I doubled the recipe below to make 2 extra-long loaves.
Other Oat Flour Recipes:
- Plain Oatmeal Bread
- Chocolate Oatmeal Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Pancake Oatmeal Mix
- Apple Oatmeal Cinnamon Muffins
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
- Breakfast Oatmeal Bars
You could easily be make into muffins. I believe this recipe would easily make 24 muffins. Just cut down the baking time to 20-25 minutes.
Oatmeal Zucchini Bread
- 6 cups oats ground into flour
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- ¼ cups flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup oatmilk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips (I like the Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 1 extra long loaf pan or 2 regular loaf pans with parchment paper.
- Grind oats into flour in a high-speed blender, and dump into a mixing bowl. Add the rest of the dry ingredients.
- In a food processor, shred zucchini and dump into the mixing bowl. Add the wet ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Add the mini chocolate chips and mix well again. Pour batter into loaf pan or pans, and bake for 50-60 minutes.
Leave a Reply