Having an easy oatmeal pancakes vegan recipe is essential for Saturday mornings, or busy nights. This recipe is my go-to! Using oats as the base gives me confidence that my kids are eating healthy.
The recipe is ingrained in my head. I don’t even think about it anymore, and I don’t need to look at a recipe. It just happens and pancakes are eaten. I always cook my pancakes on an electric griddle with no oil. They come out perfect every time.
That’s what I hope this recipe provides you. It’s a basic recipe, and you can add to it if you want to.
Flavor Those Pancakes:
- BANANA: 1-2 mashed bananas
- SWEET POTATO: 1 medium mashed sweet potato + 3 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- PUMPKIN: 1 can pumpkin + 1/2 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice + 3 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- GREEN MONSTERS: 2-3 handfuls of spinach – blended in a blender with the liquid, then add to dry ingredients.
- BLUEBERRY: 1-2 cups frozen blueberries, which will turn the batter blue
- CHOCOLATE: 1/2 cup chocolate chips are a given
Give these variations a try for these oatmeal pancakes vegan recipe, and enjoy the delicious fiber rich pancakes! It only takes 2-3 pancakes to fill completely full.
Save Money On Syrup!
To make these pancakes just really taste like restaurant quality, ditch the pure maple syrup (which is very expensive) and make homemade fruit syrup. I love making a blueberry syrup with just frozen blueberries, coconut sugar, juice, and corn starch. It’s easy, and my kids devour all those antioxidants like it’s candy! Here’s a favorite that we love as well, apple pie pancake syrup.
Other recipes you might like:
Oatmeal Pancakes Vegan
- 5 cups oat flour ground oats
- 3 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cups applesauce
- 3 cups oatmilk any kind of milk will work
- 2 cups water
- To grind oats into flour, scoop out rounded cups of oats into the blender, and blend until you get a fine oat flour.
- Combine all ingredients and whisk together. The mix may look liquidy, but don't worry! Oats absorb liquid like crazy, just wait a few minutes and stir again.
- Make pancakes as usual. If the mixture thickens up too much, add 1/2 cup of water at a time to get it back to pancake mix perfection. Note: I do not use any oil. It's easy to do on a griddle pan without oil.