With this natural kitchen sink cleaner you can have a sparkling kitchen in no time, and it’s very cheap. Use this homemade kitchen sink cleaner recipe for the best results.
All you need is a little baking soda and vinegar. I like to infuse my vinegar with citrus. Let me show you how easy that is to do.
Citrus Infused Vinegar
- Fill a glass jar with white vinegar.
- Choose either an orange, grapefruit, or lemon to use.
- Carefully slice the rind off of the citrus fruit. Be sure to not cut into the fruit. You only want the outer skin.
- Put citrus pieces in the vinegar, about 5-6 pieces.
- Place a lid on the jar and put the jar in a cool dark place for 1-2 weeks.
- Citrus pieces will not go bad and can be left in the vinegar for several weeks.
Natural Kitchen Sink Cleaner
Fill a glass bottle with 1/2 of the citrus vinegar, and the other half with water. Now you have the perfect natural kitchen cleaner that smells great too! You can use this natural kitchen sink cleaner on your countertops, kitchen table, and even floors.
I purchase these glass vinegar bottles at Smart and Finals for about $1.00. Then, buy a spray bottle from Dollar Tree and use the top piece on your glass bottle. Works like a charm and you don’t need to purchase expensive glass bottles for essential oils.
The bottle I use to pour the baking soda is from Dollar Tree.
How To Clean The Kitchen Sink
- Make sure your clean sink is empty.
- Sprinkle baking soda all over the sink.
- Using your spray bottle filled with citrus vinegar, spray the baking soda with your vinegar spray. Allow the chemical reaction to take place with the vinegar and baking soda for a few minutes before scrubbing.
- Use a sponge of scrub brush to scour out the sink.
- If you have very difficult stains, you can fill your sink with 1/2 cup baking soda and really hot water, let it sit for at least 30 minutes. Then repeat the process above.
Our kitchen sinks get very dirty. Before going to bed, make sure your kitchen is cleaned up and you clean your kitchen sink using this natural homemade cleaning method. You will wake up in the morning feeling energized and positive when you walk out to see a nicely cleaned kitchen just waiting for you to make breakfast. Enjoy this natural kitchen sink cleaner, it’s safe for kids to use as well.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Clean Kitchen Countertops
- Kitchen Organization: Command Center On The Refrigerator
- Is A $1,000 Emergency Fund Enough?
- Oatmeal Muffins Recipe Collection
- Grocery Haul and Healthy Meal Plan – $85.52