Loaded hummus appetizer is the perfect treat that resembles the trendy butter boards that are all over the internet these days.
The toppings that I added to mine tasted amazing, but feel free to experiment with your own creation. Loaded hummus is perfect for any get together and perfect for the holiday season.
Loaded hummus is the perfect appetizer for all diet types. It's very inexpensive to put together and makes for a beautfiul presentation.
- 1 can chickpeas
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- 1 bag frozen butternut squash
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ cup chopped fresh spinach or micro greens
- ¼ cup Craisins
- balsamic glaze I purchase mine from Trader Joe's
- 1. Drain the chickpeas, but reserve the liquid. Add chickpeas to a mini food processor along with ¼-1/2 cup chickpea liquid and ½ tsp. garlic salt.
- Process the chickpeas until you get a nice hummus consistency. Set the hummus aside for later.
- Roast the butternut squash in a 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes, or until the squash is nicely caramelized. I just drizzle the squash with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Now it's time to caramelize the onion in some olive oil. Keep the skillet heat on LOW and stir frequently to caramelize the onion and not burn it. This process takes about 20 minutes.
- Now we'll assemble the loaded hummus. Find the perfect dish or cutting board to spread the hummus on. Add the caramelized onions, roasted quash, chopped spinach or other greens, dried cranberries, and drizzle with some balsamic glaze.
- Serve loaded hummus with crackers or pita bread of your choosing.
Please Note: The links in this post are affiliate links, and I will receive a small compensation when you use my links to make a purchase. I would appreciate your support, as this website helps support my family.
Leave a Reply