Instant Pot Salsa Brown Rice and Chicken
I am always on the lookout for great Instant pot recipes. As a busy mom I need recipes that I can throw together in the instant pot, and walk away. Today I have created just that. Here you can put frozen chicken in the instant pot with brown rice, and salsa and create a delicious concoction. My pickiest of eaters love it, and that’s what I like! I hope your family will enjoy this recipe as much as my family has.
Follow the recipe below, just omit the chicken and add 2 cans of beans instead. This recipe is very filling and even better with diced avocados and olives on top. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Salsa Brown Rice Chicken
- 4 frozen chicken breasts
- 2 cups brown rice
- 24 ounces jar salsa or homemade works well too
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can beans, drained and rinsed pinto, black, or kidney
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in the instant pot, cook on Manual for 25 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes after it's done, then quick release.
- Shred the chicken, add back to the rice mixture, and enjoy! We like to top ours with shredded cheese and sour cream.