A quick and frugal meal my family really enjoys is this instant pot fried brown rice. You literally just throw the ingredients in, and walk away!!!! That’s the best kind of meal.
I like to serve this with some steamed broccoli and baked tofu.
Instant Pot Fried Brown Rice
- 4 cups brown rice
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tsp. ginger, crushed
- 2 tsp. garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (optional)
- Add the first 6 ingredients to your Instant Pot. Close the lid and place on MANUAL for 24 minutes.
- Once the buzzer goes off, you can either leave it alone and let it naturally release (what I recommend), or wait 10 minutes and quickly release.
- After cooking, add frozen peas and corn with the pure maple syrup. Stir well and enjoy.
- Note: You may want to add more soy sauce to get the flavor just right. We like to just top a little extra onto each individual serving.
Please Note: The links in this post are affiliate links, and I will receive a small compensation when you use my links to make a purchase. I would appreciate your support, as this website helps support my family.