The perfect remedy for a sore throat should start with these honey pops. These are the perfect throat soother when your kiddos are starting to get sick, or for those “candy” sweet treats that you want to treat your kiddos with.
Remedy For A Sore Throat
Any time I start getting sick, I am on the hunt for a good remedy for a sore throat. These honey throat pops are a great start. I also enjoy ginger tea with honey and lemon, but these honey throat pops are a great start for soothing your throat.
Favorite Lollipop Tools
- Candy Thermometer
Honey throat pops are very easy to make to remedy a sore throat, but I highly recommend using a candy thermometer! It is so easy to burn honey, and honesty honey isn’t cheap. You do not want to mess this up (no pressure!), so make sure you use a candy thermometer to be accurate. I like the Wilton candy thermometer, and I highly recommend it!
- Lollipop Mold
I really love this lollipop mold! It’s amazing and easy to use. I just don’t care for the sticks it comes with. Trust me, you will love the Wilton lollipop sticks too! They are amazing and very inexpensive. You can also get them at Walmart and Michael’s Craft Store, or Hobby Lobby.
If you don’t want to use a lollipop mold, you can simply pour small amounts on a silpat and lay a lollipop stick on top.
I will say, as you start sucking on them they do become gooey and stringy from the heat of your mouth, that’s just part of it and why I like to store these in the refrigerator. Also, remember honey doesn’t go bad, EVER! So keep them in your fridge for as long as you need to, but I promise your kiddos will be begging for them!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Cheap Healthy Foods On A Budget
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
- Warm Rice Cereal
- 5 Hot Beverages Caffeine-Free
Honey Throat Pops
- 1 cup honey
- ½ tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- In a large saucepan, add honey and cinnamon. Heat over medium heat until honey reaches 300 degrees. You will need to whisk often, so the honey does not burn.
- Once honey reaches 300 degrees, immediately take it off the heat and let it cool for a good 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Pour into a pyrex or other glass safe measuring cup. BE CAREFUL honey is hot! Carefully pour into the lollipop molds, or onto parchment paper.
- Honey needs a good 20-30 minutes to set up before you can remove from the molds, then wrap in parchment paper and store throat pops in the fridge.