Energy bites can be made in a variety of ways! I am going to give you a basic recipe, but then you can customize it to be your own. The ones photographed for you today are made with dried apricots, but friends… the possibilities are endless!
These energy bites do require 2 main components, dates and nuts. If you don’t care for another ingredient added to my recipe, then simply leave it out.
***So the ratio is this, 2 cups of dates to 1 cup of nuts (any kind). From there you can add anything else to customize the flavors. If you want to make these cocoa flavored, then simply add 3-4 Tbsp. of cocoa powder. If you want them to have chocolate chips, then add ½ cup chocolate chips. If you want to add another dried fruit, then add 1 cup dried fruit (dried apples are very good).
I buy my dates at Costco, and I buy the shredded coconut at Trader Joe’s.
Healthy Energy Bites
- 2 cups dates
- 1 cup almonds any nuts will work
- 1 cup dried apricots
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor, and blend for about 5 minutes, or until it clumps into a ball.
- Using a medium size cookie scoop, scoop out some mixture, and roll into a ball. You should get about 25 bites out of this recipe.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks, if they last that long!