This is our favorite easy pizza sauce recipe we make for homemade pizza night on Fridays. It’s a quick pizza sauce recipe and tastes amazing.
On Friday nights we like to have sourdough pizzas at my parents house. They are so easy to make, but what really makes these pizzas taste amazing is homemade pizza sauce. There really is nothing better than tasting homemade sauce, and it’s incredibly easy to make.
Where To Buy Canned Tomatoes
Everyone has their opinions on canned foods. I personally try and stick with organic canned products, especially with tomatoes. It’s a slightly higher price tag, but it makes me feel better. I purchase canned tomatoes at Costco because you can’t beat the price. The product is excellent and we love them.
How To Make Easy Pizza Sauce
- In a pestle and mortar, add the dried herbs and grind into a smooth powder. No body likes picking dried herbs out of their teeth.
- In a medium sauce pan, add the canned tomatoes, pure maple syrup, ketchup, minced garlic, dried herbs, and salt/pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the burner and let the sauce cool for at least 30 minutes before using.
- This easy pizza sauce is best if its had time to let the flavors absorb well into the sauce.
Using a pestle and mortar is essential to create a smooth sauce. It also prevents you from getting dried herbs stuck in your teeth. However, more than that, crushing herbs releases their flavors making them more useful for you in a recipe. It’s a small investment and well worth it! I purchased mine from World Market.
Easy Pizza Sauce
- 2 (15oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or other sweetener
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. dried basil, crushed
- 1 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a pestle and mortar, crush the dried herbs.
- Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan.
- Cook on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- If it starts to bubble, lower the heat and put a lid on top.
- For best results, allow the sauce to sit for at least 30 minutes (no heat) to absorb all the flavors.
Looking For More Easy Recipes, Check These Out:
- Easy Broiled Banana Dessert
- Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Homemade Enchilada Sauce
- Taco Casserole (Plant-Based)