One of the cheapest dinners you can make is pasta, of course! But this is an extra special pasta dish and it’s incredibly easy to make. You would easily pay $15+ for a similar dish at Cheesecake Factory, but you can make it at home and have plenty of leftovers!
This can be done gluten or gluten-free. I do not care to use tapioca starch when making cream sauces because it makes them to gelatinice. For gluten-free I like to use corn starch as a thickener.
Creamy Ham and Peas Pasta Dinner
- 16oz gluten-free pasta any kind will do
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 4 Tbsp. corn starch
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- I put the ingredients in order of being used to make things easier for you.
- Cook the pasta in a separate pan ordering to the box directions.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and cook onion until tender. Then, add ham and peas and heat through.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk corn starch and milk together and add to the ham and peas. On medium low heat heat the milk through until it starts to thicken.
- One the milk mixture has thickened add the Parmesan cheese, mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked noodles to the creamy sauce and top with additional Parmesan cheese and serve!