Cinnabon muffins made with oat flour are so fun to make. There is a cinnamon sauce that you pour into the middle of the batter before baking. When you pull them out of the oven the muffins have a bit of a gooey center and they are just extraordinary!
Grind oats into a flour consistency. You will need a high speed blender for this step, or just process in whatever blender you have until the oats are a fine flour.
I measure heaping cups of oats and I get the perfect amount every time. Oat flour recipes are very forgiving, so if you’re a little short or have too much, it won’t be a problem.
If you find that your muffin batter has gotten too thick, no problem. Oats are sponges and absorb liquid quickly. Simply add 1/2 cup of water to the batter and it will be the perfect consistency again for the most amazing cinnabon muffins.
Oatmeal Cinnabon Muffins
- 4 heaping cups oats ground into flour
- 3 Tbsp. flaxseed meal hemp seeds work too, or 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup any liquid sweetener will work
- 1 1/2 cups water or apple juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. oat flour take oat flour from the muffin ingredients above
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take 4 heaping cups of oats and process in a high speed blender until oats become a fine flour.
- Immediately measure out 3 Tbsp. oat flour and put into a separate bowl for cinnabon mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all muffin ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Now make the cinnabon mixture and set aside.
- If your muffin batter is too thick, add 1/2 cup water and whisk in.
- Pour 1/4 cup portions of muffin batter into muffin pan.
- With a spoon, carefully pour 1 Tbsp. into the center of the muffins.
- Use a toothpick or knife to carefully swirl in the cinnabon mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Muffins should have a slightly gooey texture in the center from the cinnabon mixture. It's delicious!