I was thumbing through my grandma’s cookbooks and came across one of my childhood favorites, fruit cocktail cake. Of course the recipe had flour and sugar in it, so I decided to give it a try, mix up the ingredients a bit, and create this dreamy breakfast cake. Cake is not just for dessert my friends, it can definitely be eaten all day long!
This recipe is so easy to make too! Few ingredients, dump everything into the bowl, mix, and bake! YUM!
Oat flour is made by just taking oats and grinding them in a food processor or blender into a flour consistency. What I love about using oat flour is that it’s CHEAP!!!! So cheap, and naturally gluten-free.
The frosting is from my Cinnabon cake recipe. It’s easy and just 3 ingredients. Although this recipe can be enjoyed without frosting, it’s just so incredibly good with it!!! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Breakfast Oatmeal Pineapple Cake
- 3 cups oat flour grind oats in blender
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 1 20oz can pineapple chunks in 100% juice juice and all, do not drain
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9X13 baking dish.
- Grind 3 cups of oats in a blender to make your oat flour (I use my magic bullet), then proceed with the directions.
- Whisk all ingredients together, pour into a baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Top immediately with frosting, while cake is warm. Frosting is optional.