Steel cut oats are just delicious! They are creamy like risotto and gives some variation from the traditional old fashioned rolled oats.
Cooking them in the instant pot adds another layer of goodness. The oats are extra creamy, and the apples and maple syrup add a caramel flavor that you just can’t achieve on the stove. Definitely give this recipe and try!
If you have a big family like mine (there are 6 of us), then I HIGHLY recommend getting the 8-quart instant pot! You will need the extra space it provides.
Another great tip, my kids want to eat breakfast as soon as the oats are done, so I top theirs with frozen blueberries. This helps cool down the oats, and makes it turn purple! My kids love this!
Basic Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 6 cups water
- 2 apples, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup any sweetener will do
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to your Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
- Close lid, then push MANUAL and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Once the time is up, let the oats sit for at least 10 minutes, then QUICK RELEASE.
- Stir the oats, then serve! We like to top ours with frozen blueberries and walnuts.
- Note: the longer you let the steel cut oats sit, the thicker it will become!
Please Note: The links in this post are affiliate links, and I will receive a small compensation when you use my links to make a purchase. I would appreciate your support, as this website helps support my family.
Thank you for sharing this recipe! Iyar this recipe once a week. My kids love it!