This is by far my most requested recipe, so I thought I would give you a step by step of how easy these are to make! I keep a stash in my freezer anytime I can get 100% grass-fed ground beef on sale at Sprouts for $2.99-3.99 per pound. That my friends is a STOCK-UP PRICE! I get super excited for these sales!
The first step is freezing your burger patties. I use a 1/2 cup measuring cup, so that all my patties are the same size. I form the patties on a parchment lined cookie sheet, and freeze them over night in my deep freezer.
Then, I stack them in a freezer gallon size bag with parchment paper between the patties. Just use scissors and cut the parchment paper around the patties, then stack one on top of each other.
To bake the patties, is super simple! Baked patties tend to be a bit dense, but the flavor is amazing! My family really enjoys these and the clean up is super easy!
It’s best to bake the patties on a grill rack! They will just swim in fat if you bake them right on a cookie sheet.
Baked Burger Patties
- 2 pounds ground beef
- With 2 pounds of ground beef, use a 1/2 cup measuring cup and scoop out some beef, and form into burger patties. Place on a parchment lined baking pan. Freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Transfer to a gallon size freezer bag for easy storage. Cut the parchment paper around the patties, and stack one on top of each other. The parchment paper ensures they won't stick together.
- To bake from frozen, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, then lay the grill rack on top. Line your patties on the grill rack (however many you want to bake), season the top of each patty with your favorite seasonings, and place in the oven frozen.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. If you want to add cheese on top, lay a piece of cheese on each burger patty, then place back in the oven for 3 minutes.