Bacon Zucchini Boats
These bacon zucchini boats are one of my favorite meals to make. They are super healthy and adding bacon just amps up the flavor. These just taste so good!!!!
My kids like to pick them up and eat them like tacos. It’s super funny and they normally giggle as they eat them. I love that I can feed my kids a nutritious meal, and they really enjoy it.
Bacon Zucchini Boats
- 8 zucchinis
- 1 package bacon
- 1 onion diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese Nutritional yeast works or ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice zucchinis lengthwise and scoop out the centers. Take all of the centers of the zucchinis that you scooped out, and dice them up and set aside.
- Grease a 9X13 baking dish, and lay the zucchinis cut side down. I also had to use an 8X8 baking dish too, to get them all to fit.
- Bake zucchini halves for 20 minutes.
- While they are baking, make the filling. First cook the bacon, set aside.
- Use a little bacon grease (about 2-3 Tbsp.) and cook the onion for 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Next, add the diced zucchini centers, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Chop the bacon, add to the filling mixture, along with the cheese. Turn off the heat and it's ready to be stuffed into the zucchini halves.
- Once the zucchini halves are done, take them out of the oven. Using a set of thongs, turn them cut side up. Lightly season the zucchini halves with salt.
- Stuff the filling mixture into all of the zucchini halves. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese (optional).
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like:Italian Sausage and Sweet Potatoes - click link here Thai Salsa over Salmon - click link here Skillet Corn Side Dish - click link here
Please Note: The links in this post are affiliate links, and I will receive a small compensation when you use my links to make a purchase. I would appreciate your support, as this website helps support my family.
Leave a Reply